Happy Friday everyone! Today I’m teaming up with some extremely talented ladies and we’re showing off our Fall tablescapes just in time for Thanksgiving. We’re just a few weeks away, so we thought it might be fun to give you guys some inspiration along with a recipe or two.
First I’ll start off with my Thanksgiving table setting. I have been LOVING our new dining room set up and especially loving my new light fixture from Wayfair (more on that later). This year I decided to go with some of the classic fall colors along with a touch of mint green. I wanted to keep it light and bright and stay away from a super heavy color scheme.
Most of my accessories are from Target and Marshall’s, but what’s new, right? My salt and pepper shakers were on clearance at Target for about $1 each and my wicker pumpkins were found in the $1 section of Target for about $3 each. My fall leaves are also from Target and my napkins and table runner were found at Marshall’s.
I also cooked up a quick and easy recipe for you guys as well! Believe me when I say this – I am totally NOT a cook or baker, so this recipe is so easy. You pretty much can’t mess it up:)
Pumpkin “Cake Box” Recipe:
What you will need:
1 box yellow cake mix (and whatever ingredients it asks for)
1 can pumpkin
2 cans cream cheese icing
1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Follow the instructions on the cake box as if you’re making a normal vanilla cake. Preheat the oven to whatever temp. is directed on the box.
- Once your batter is mixed, add the can of pumpkin to the batter. I don’t always use the full can of pumpkin — maybe just 3/4 the can.
- Put 3/4 can of your cream cheese icing into a measuring cup and heat in the microwave for a slightly melted consistency. Once the icing is slightly melted, pour it into the batter. Yes, the icing is IN the batter!! YUM.
- Add your tablespoon of cinnamon, and you’re almost done. Mix everything together and you’re ready to pour the batter into your cupcake tin.
- Put your cupcakes in the oven and follow the cooking instructions from the cake mix.
- Once they are done cooking and cooled, use your second can of cream cheese icing to top them off!
Looking for even more inspiration?? Don’t worry! All you have to do is check out the rest of the bloggers and see what they’ve got cooking… literally!