Hello all – Welcome to my NEW weekly series, Going Gold! Every Tuesday I will post about a new [gold] project or inspiration piece. Today’s post is all about a simple 5 minute facelift I made to a $5 frame I bought from Wal-Mart. Wait… did you say a $5 facelift in 5 minutes?? Sounds good to me!
Gold Spray Paint ( I used Design Master, Brilliant Gold – found at Michael’s)
Painters Tape or Masking tape
1. Remove the glass, cardboard and picture from the frame
2. Tape off ALL areas you do not want painted
3. Spray paint the corners of your frame
(keep the spray paint can about 1 foot from the frame while spraying light coats)
4. Remove tape and wait 5 minutes to dry
5. Re-insert your glass, cardboard and picture back into the frame and you’re done!
Can’t get much easier, can it?? And what a difference it made!
As you can see, the frame didn’t look terrible before, but I wanted the piece to have more flair!
And some more eye candy for y’all to enjoy…
Don’t forget to come back every Tuesday for [Going Gold] and LINK UP every Wednesday for my [Work it Wednesday] Linky party!!