What the heck can you make with 6 cabinet door knobs, 4 magnetic spice containers, 3 cork boards, 2 novelty towel hangers and 1 shower curtain? The answer just might surprise you!
It’s hard to believe that summer has already come and gone and fall is right around the corner. With school back in full swing, I thought it was the perfect time to get organized; particularly when it comes to jewelry. Humm do you smell a DIY coming your way today? YUP. I think you do!
Whether you’re a tween looking to dress up your new locker, a high school grad moving into your college dorm for the first time, or even a 30-something just wanting to simply organize your jewelry drawer, this post is for you. Today I’m partnering with some amazing brands to bring you one of my favorite DIYs of the year; a hanging jewelry organizer. It’s almost too easy to make yourself and so much more interesting than something you might just buy at the store.
And you know what’s even more exciting about today’s post? Today I’ve teamed up with Porch.com, wayfair.com and Lonny Magazine to give you all a chance to win a $500 Wayfair gift card and $500 of cleaning services from Porch. Pretty amazing, huh?? Keep reading to get all the deets!
- 2 cork boards (Target)
- 1 magnetic chalkboard (Target)
- 1 shower curtain (wayfair.com)
- 6 cabinet door knobs (wayfair.com)
- 2 towel hangers (wayfair.com)
- 4 spice containers (wayfair.com)
- Hot glue gun
- Measure, cut and iron your shower curtain to fit your cork boards. You will want extra fabric on all sides to fully cover the edges of the cork board.
- With your hot glue gun, glue the edges of the shower curtain to the back of your cork board. Make sure the fabric is as tight as possible so it doesn’t allow for any wrinkles.
- Take one of your newly-covered cork boards and measure out the holes for your cabinet door knobs. Once measured, drill a small hole for each door knob to be inserted and then screw in your knobs.
- Next, take your chalkboard, magnetic spice containers and extra magnets and start laying them out however you want. Once you have a design you’re happy with, feel free to draw an inspiring word or phrase on any extra space available on the chalkboard.
- Use the towel racks (in my case the elephant and rhino) as hangers for your long necklaces to drape over one of the covered cork boards.
- Now all you have to do is hang it all up! Arrange your jewelry as you please and you’re all done!
And just for fun, here is the money shot one last time! This whole look cost me less than $150 to throw together. And what’s even better is that if you have some of these items already on hand, you can create the whole look for less than that.
To enter for a chance to win a $500 Wayfair gift card and $500 of cleaning services from Porch, make sure to follow the directions below!
Dates: September 7-14th 11:59PM PT, winner is announced September 14, 2015
How to enter: Follow Porch, Wayfair and Lonny on Instagram and tag 2 friends in the comments on our photo to join in on the challenge!
The Prize: $500 Wayfair gift card and $500 of cleaning services from Porch
Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this post. I received samples for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.