Hello all! My name is Amy Horany, and welcome to my blog, The Blissful Bee – a place where you can follow my adventures in home design, DIY and life in general. I hope you feel free to browse around my site and contact me at email@example.com with any questions or media inquiries. You can also visit my [press] page to see who I’ve worked with in the past.
Ok… Now time to have a little fun! Here are 20 interesting facts you may or may not know about me:
1. I am a designer, blogger, daughter to two wonderful parents (and God of course), youngest sister to my brother and sister and aunt to my beautiful nieces and nephews.
Oh, and I live in the wonderful city of FORT WORTH, TEXAS!
2. I’m also a self-proclaimed crazy cat lady. Yupp, that’s right! It’s true. I’m kind of obsessed with my little furballs. If you follow me on Instagram, you might have already figured that out by now;)
3. I am extremely loyal and believe that friendships aren’t counted in quantity, but in quality.
4. I HAVE to have the car radio jamming in order to feel comfortable while driving. Oh, and I also have to be singing and dancing while I drive as well… The ONLY 2 times I’ve ever been in a car accident were when the radio was off. Coincidence? I don’t think so!
5. Before I fell in love with design, I was a dancer for about 20 years. I started dancing at the age of 3 and stopped once I graduated college.
6. Speaking of College, I followed my brother and sister’s footsteps and attended Baylor University in Waco, Texas. I was highly involved in my sorority (yay KKG!) and was a part of one of Baylor’s longest running traditions called SING; a fraternity and sorority competition that is set up like a miniature musical. To see the production I helped choreograph and produce, click [here]. And yes, that’s me doing a flip into the splits in the beginning… you couldn’t pay me to do that again! Oh and just to brag a bit… we won 1st place:) Keep in mind, about 90% of these people had never danced in their lives before SING. Crazy, right??
7. I was terrified to start a blog out of fear of failure. I use to be scared to try new things because of other people being better than me. I quickly realized there will ALWAYS be someone better or more talented out there, so that doesn’t have to stop me from achieving my own version of success.
8. I almost named my blog The Blissful Butterfly. I was out in the back yard one day and there was a blooming tree filled with butterflies and bees. It was such a beautiful sight. That was the same day I had been brainstorming names for my blog. Looking back, I’m really happy I didn’t go with The Blissful Butterfly… for some reason I always think back to the 90’s and Mariah Carey. Not that that’s a bad thing…
9. I joke about having a self-proclaimed shopping addiction. Even if I go and don’t buy anything, I just feel like it’s a form of therapy or something??
10. Since the age of five, I secretly wanted to be a singer. (Hence me singing at the top of my lungs any time I’m in a car!) But yes, I love just about all forms of music. I grew up in a house full of music and I feel like it’s still such a huge part of me today. Oh, and if you happen to ever walk by my cubical at work, you might catch me rocking out to Taylor Swift with my headphones on… Like I’m talking full on pretend concert accompanied with choreographed dance moves and all.
11. I somehow feel rather comfortable in front of an audience of strangers. I think this stems from me performing in plays and recitals since such a young age (3 to be exact).
12. I love my job and my career, but I’ve also dreamed about having my own show one day. I guess that goes back to that whole “having an audience thing”!
13. I was born and raised in Houston and happily ended up in the great city of Fort Worth, Texas.
14. I think I have a secret addition to work. Luckily I’m typically doing things I love, so it seems to work out!
15. Over the past 10 years, I’ve had many different hair colors. From blonde to black, to auburn to ombre, I’ve had em’ all!
16. I love coffee, wine, beer and tea. Not in that order, but you you get what I’m sayin;)
17. I’ve never thought of myself as an emotional person. In fact, sometimes I used to look at myself as rather cold in certain situations. But as I’ve grown up and lost loved ones, I’ve changed so incredibly much. I appreciate every little thing in life so much more. Every person I love, I have a huge fear of losing them and such a large appreciation of having them present in my life.
18. I’m allergic to peanuts. Most people gasp when they find this out because of the fact that I’ve never tasted peanut butter. But the truth is, I hate the smell of anything related to peanuts and could never imagine liking the taste of it. I think it’s just instinctual!
19. I love sunsets and flowers. Again, if you follow me on Instagram, you have probably already figured this out;) Oh, and I love the beach, except I don’t get to spend nearly enough time at one since we don’t have any nearby. And oddly enough, as much as I love the beach, I’m too scared to actually get in the water. I’ll get my feet wet, but if the water gets past my knees, you can count me out! I hear sharks like shallow water… I’m just sayin…
20. After years of blogging, I’ve found it to be such a happy place of mine. I love the community that exists in the blogging world. Everyone is rooting for one another and it’s just a beautiful and comforting thing. On top that, I get to share my projects with others and share my passion for design along the way.