Ok so today I thought it might be fun to get personal! I’ve been busy updating my “About” page and thought I would share my most recent addition; 20 things you may or may not know about yours truly!
Honestly, I’m not all that interesting, but I thought I would share just a few things with you guys anyways. Besides, it’s always fun to get to know the blogger behind the blog, right?
Ok, here we go!
1. I am a wife to my college sweetheart, a daughter to two wonderful parents (and God of course), youngest sister to my brother and sister, and aunt to 9 (almost 10) beautiful nieces and nephews.
2. I am a self proclaimed crazy cat lady. Yupp, that’s right! It’s true. I’m kind of obsessed with my little furball, Bailey. If you follow me on Instagram, you might have already figured that out by now;)
3. I am extremely loyal and believe that friendships aren’t counted in quantity, but in quality.
4. I HAVE to have the car radio jamming in order to feel comfortable while driving. Oh, and I also have to be singing and dancing while I drive as well… The ONLY 2 times I’ve ever been in a car accident were when the radio was off. Coincidence? I don’t think so!
5. Before I fell in love with design, I was a dancer for about 20 years. I started dancing at the age of 3 and stopped once I graduated college.
6. Speaking of College, I followed my brother and sister’s footsteps and attended Baylor University in Waco, Texas. I was highly involved in my sorority (yay KKG!) and was a part of one of Baylor’s longest running traditions called SING; a fraternity and sorority competition that is set up like a miniature musical. To see the production I helped choreograph and produce, click [here]. And yes, that’s me doing a flip into the splits in the beginning… you couldn’t pay me to do that again! Oh and just to brag a bit… we won 1st place:) Keep in mind, about 90% of these people had never danced in their lives before SING. Crazy, right??
7. I was terrified to start a blog out of fear of failure. I use to be scared to try new things because of other people being better than me. I quickly realized there will ALWAYS be someone better or more talented out there, so that doesn’t have to stop me from achieving my own version of success.
8. I almost named my blog The Blissful Butterfly. I was out in the back yard one day and there was a blooming tree filled with butterflies and bees. It was such a beautiful site. That was the same day I had been brainstorming names for my blog. Looking back, I’m really happy I didn’t go with The Blissful Butterfly… for some reason I always think back to the 90’s and Mariah Carey…
9. I joke about having a self proclaimed shopping addiction. Even if I go and don’t buy anything, I just feel like it’s a form of therapy or something??
10. Since the age of five, I secretly wanted to be a singer. (Hence me singing at the top of my lungs any time I’m in a car!) But yes, I love just about all forms of music. I grew up in a house full of music and I feel like it’s still such a huge part of me today. Oh, and if you happen to ever walk by my cubical at work, you might catch me rocking out to Taylor Swift with my headphones on… Like I’m talking full on pretend concert accompanied with choreographed dance moves and all.
11. I sometimes feel more comfortable in front of an audience of strangers rather than a one on one conversation. I think this stems from me performing in plays and recitals since such a young age (3 to be exact). I’m kind of a goof ball sometimes, so I guess I just feel more comfortable being myself in front a bunch of people I don’t know. I mean, it’s not like I know them or anything, so who cares what they think of me?? I know… It doesn’t make any sense.
12. I love my job and my career, but I have always dreamed of something more. I guess that goes back to that whole “having an audience thing”!
13. I was born and raised in Houston and happily ended up in Fort Worth after my husband and I got married back in 2010.
14. My husband and I have not lived in one single house for longer than a year and a half. For one reason or another we’ve moved nearly every year since we got engaged. Thankfully we’re extremely happy with our current location and hope to stay in our little rental for another year or so. And then hopefully our “semi-forever” home the next time we move:)
15. Over the past 10 years, I have had many different hair colors. From blonde to black, to auburn to ombre, I’ve had em’ all!
16. I love coffee, wine, beer and tea. Not in that order, but you you get what I’m sayin;)
17. I’ve never thought of myself as an emotional person. In fact, sometimes I used to look at myself as rather cold in certain situations. But as I’ve grown up and lost loved ones, I have changed so incredibly much. I appreciate every little thing in life so much more. Every person I love, I have a huge fear of losing them and such a large appreciation of having them present in my life.
18. I’m allergic to peanuts. Most people gasp when they find this out because of the fact that I’ve never tasted peanut butter. But the truth is, I hate the smell of anything related to peanuts and could never imagine liking the taste of it. I think it’s just instinctual!
19. I love sunsets and flowers. Again, if you follow me on Instagram, you have probably already figured this out;) Oh, and I love the beach, except I don’t get to spend nearly enough time at one since we don’t have any nearby. And oddly enough, as much as I love the beach, I’m too scared to actually get in the water. I’ll stay in the shallow end, but if the water gets past my knees, you can count me out! I hear sharks like shallow water… I’m just sayin…
20. I used to wonder why people blog when a lot of the time you don’t really get paid for it. I now realize there are SO many reasons other than getting paid. I love the community that exists in the blogging world. Everyone is rooting for one another and it’s just a beautiful and comforting thing. On top that, I get to share my projects with others. I might not get rewarded in dollars and cents, but I get rewarded in so many other ways.
And that’s it! 20 random facts about mua:)